How much do I pay?
Following a free, no obligation consultation, I provide an estimate on all jobs based on $80 per hour. Once the estimate is approved and we’ve had a conversation about timings I will commence the work.
- WordPress landing page ($800) (includes 1 year of hosting and maintenance of premium theme/plug ins/backups)$300 per yr ongoing maintenance/hosting after first year. Back end access available if required.
- Additional pages and integration based on hourly rate – approx $60 – 240 per page based on content.
- Additional costs may include Photoshop, logo creation, copy writing, illustration stock imagery.
- Average sized WordPress sites range from $1500 – $3500 dependent on pages, supplied content and customisation.
- Logo design is variable – Negotiated before commencement (can vary from $160 – $1600) = 3 hours – 20 hours depending on brief.Package A most common – (based on 5 draft ideas) (up to 5 colour pallets) + 2 amends on final ideas – ($800 includes branding style sheet and supply of up to 5 formats)
- Package B (premium) – (based on up to 10 developed ideas) (up to 5 colour pallets) + 3 amend stages – ($1600 includes branding style sheet , style guide and supply of up to 10 formats/versions).
- Package C (I know what I want) – (based on 1 draft idea based on a concise brief) (3 colour pallets) + 1 amend on initial idea – ($240 includes supply of up to 2 formats)
When considering unusually low quotes from other ‘graphic designers’, consider reading this blog first on ‘you get what you pay for’ https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/06/10-common-mistakes-in-logo-design/
- Business card design with existing logo including 2 amends – $240
- Letterhead design with existing logo including 2 amends – $160
- 4 page brochure design ($800)
- 8 page corporate brochure ($1000)
- Design Software and OSX training – $80 per hour in house. (call out – $5 per km)
- Photo shoot ($160) + call out ($5 per km)
- Animation, Photoshop, Illustrations, ebooks and other unique projects quoted on $80-$120 max per hour based on brief.
If you love my folio but are conflicted between price and quality from the competition, I’ll see what I can do. Send me any estimate from another experienced graphic designer and I will do my best to match any reasonable price. Forward any competitive estimate to [email protected] with the message ‘can you price match this?’ There is nothing to lose, just your preferred graphic designer.
Extras and contingencies
- WordPress Web maintenance, backups and hosting ($300 per year)
- Edits to web site after handover – ($80 per hour.)
- Printing of stationary and stock image cost at trade prices plus 30% markup (this covers such things as risk management, accounting, search and membership costs).
- Client amends and changes to original brief and new content beyond original quote are also charged at $80 per hour.
Other services include:
- Printer liaison and management
- Management of social media
- File conversion
- Copywriting and editing
- SEO optimisation
- Adobe training
- Video Editing
If there is anything here that is required but not listed I can advise on a suitable trusted partner to collaborate.
In a large advertising agency my work was charged out at $1600 a day (based on 8 hours). This covers the cost of administration, reception, IT, HR, creative retainers, strategy, traffic, account management, training, pitches, marketing, holidays, sick leave, rent, and staff entertainment.
With Advert ideas you don’t pay for large overheads. You still get the expertise of a senior graphic designer, but are charged for productive time only. A billable base rate of $80 per hour. Administration is not included in your costs. The same person that you brief is the same person that does the work and follows through with the result your after.
Better communication. Better results!