Consultation & quote estimate
Consultation is free, no obligation. I provide an estimate on all jobs based on $80 per hour. Once the estimate is approved and we’ve had a conversation about timings I will commence the work.
- WordPress landing page ($800) (includes 2 years hosting and maintenance of premium theme/plug ins/backups)
$100 per yr ongoing maintenance/hosting after 2 years. Back end access available if required.
- Additional pages and integration based on hourly rate – approx $160 – 240 per page based on content.
- Additional costs may include Photoshop, logo creation, copy writing, illustration stock imagery.
- Average sized sites range from $1500 – $3000 dependent on pages, original content and customisation.
- Logo design is variable – Negotiated before commencement (can vary from $240 – $1600) = 3 hours – 20 hours depending on brief.
Package A most common – (based on 5 draft ideas) (up to 5 colour pallets) + 2 amends on final ideas – ($800 includes branding style sheet and supply of up to 5 formats)
- Package B (premium) – (based on up to 10 developed ideas) (up to 5 colour pallets) + 3 amend stages – ($1600 includes branding style sheet , style guide and supply of up to 10 formats/versions).
- Package C (I know what I want) – (based on 1 draft idea based on a concise brief) (3 colour pallets) + 1 amend on initial idea – ($240 includes supply of up to 2 formats)
When considering unusually low quotes from other ‘graphic designers’, consider reading this blog first on ‘you get what you pay for’ https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/06/10-common-mistakes-in-logo-design/
- Business card design with existing logo including 2 amends – $240
- Letterhead design with existing logo including 2 amends – $160
- 4 page brochure design ($800)
- 8 page corporate brochure ($1000)
- Design Software and OSX training – $80 per hour in house. (call out – $5 per km)
- Photo shoot ($160) + call out ($5 per km)
- Animation, Photoshop, Illustrations, ebooks and other unique projects quoted on $80-$100 per hour based on brief.
Extras and contingencies
- Website management, backups and hosting ($100 per year)
- Edits to website – ($80 per hour.)
- Printing and stock images at retail cost plus 30% markup (this covers such things as risk management, accounting, search and membership costs).
- Client amends and changes to brief and content beyond quote are also charged at $80 per hour.
- Website maintenance including additional users, additional emails etc all charged per hour.
Other services include:
• Printer liaison and management • Maintenance of social media, • File conversion • Copy writing and editing, • PowerPoint design • Word design • Basic SEO tweaking • Adwords • Anayltics • Software training.
If there is anything here not listed I can advise on a suitable trusted specialist to collaborate.
In a large ad agency my work is charged out at roughly $1600 a day (based on 8 hours). This covers the cost of administration, reception, IT, HR, creative retainers, strategy, traffic, account management, training, pitches, marketing, holidays, sick leave, rent, and staff entertainment.
With Advert ideas you don’t pay for all of these overheads. You still get the expertise of a senior creative designer, but I charge for productive time only at a base rate of $80 per hour. You are briefing me, the same guy that designs and produces your work.
Better communication. Better results!